Friday, October 10, 2014

Legalizing Recreational Use Of Marijuana Is Not On The November Texas Ballot

A couple days ago I blogged a blogging titled Looking Forward To Celebrating Indigenous People's Day Possibly With The Texas Kickapoo Tribe in which I mentioned that I often will read something in one of the online news sources emanating from my old home zone and think to myself, self, that is something you'd never read in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

A couple weeks ago my great nephew Spencer Jack's dad emailed me a photo of an advertisement in my old home zone's newspaper, the Skagit Valley Herald.

I blogged about this on my Washington blog in a blogging titled In Washington Marijuana Is State Approved With Loving Farms Open For Business.


If my memory is serving me accurately this is the 3rd marijuana selling store to open in my old home zone.

I have read that the marijuana selling stores in Washington are having trouble stocking their stores with the weed that is now legal to sell. Apparently only marijuana certified by some means by the state can be sold. Which apparently means you can not grow your own and sell it in a state sanctioned store.

It is perfectly legal to grow your own for your own use. And even to partner up with your neighbors and grow a communal pot plot.

Marijuana is very easy to grow, so I really don't quite understand how these pot selling stores are going to make a go of it.

Anyway, back to the you'll never see this in the Star-Telegram, or any Texas newspaper, theme.

How long do you think it will be before recreational use of marijuana becomes legal in Texas? Making it legal seems to be spreading. Lately I read Oregon and New York are considering the de-criminalizing pot issue.

No comments: