Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kay Granger & Mark Greene Debate In Unitarian Universalist Church Tonight

The League of Women Voters convinced Congresswoman Kay Granger to come to the Westside Unitarian Universalist Church tonight for a candidate's forum with, as far as I know, one other candidate, that being Mark Greene.

The League of Women Voters is calling this a candidate forum. Others are calling it a debate.

I do not know if this event is going to be televised. I suspect not.

Mark Greene is a Democrat. Kay Granger is a Republican.

I am a big fan of  Kay Granger's son, J.D., and all the wondrous works his mother has enabled him to do for Fort Worth.

Since Kay is the reason we have J.D. I suppose she deserves some credit for the creation in Fort Worth of imaginary islands with imaginary pavilions, with bridges being built over an imaginary un-needed flood diversion channel, the first drive-in movie theater of the 21st century, ice rinks and river rockin' happy hour inner tube floats.

Even so, I still think I will likely be voting for Mark Greene.

This invite to this event has me also wondering about a couple other things. Like what is a Unitarian Universalist? Is this a Christian denomination? And why is there no League of Men Voters?

If you want to experience this likely heated debate in person, get there early as there are only 200 seats available. The debate location is about 9 miles from my abode. At my 4 mph walking pace I figure if I leave here around 3 this afternoon I should have plenty of time to get to church.

Yikes! Just looked at the time. It's about 3 now. I gotta get going......

No comments: