Thursday, October 2, 2014

At His September Oktoberfest J.D. Granger Is All About The Beer All About The Beer No Water

A couple times last month I found myself wondering why it is that in Texas various locales hold an Oktoberfest festival in September.

Do they not understand that Oktober is the German spelling of October?

Would it not be more pleasant, temperature-wise, to hold a fall festival in the fall when the temperature has fallen?

Near as I can remember I have only been to an Oktoberfest once. In Leavenworth. Leavenworth is a Bavarian themed town on the east side of the Cascade Mountains in Washington. If I remember right the Leavenworth Oktoberfest is the biggest to take place outside of Germany.

Anyway.

Above you are looking at  the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle's J.D. Granger, once again caught holding a container full of beer.

As I was typing "full of beer" a current hit song I hear over and over again came to mind. I don't know the name of the singer but the song goes "I'm all about the bass, all about the bass, no treble...." I'm thinking J.D. Granger could use this as his theme song with a slight re-write, "I'm all about the beer, all about the beer, no water..."

I am sure you are wondering how I came to find this picture of Mr. Granger and an adult beverage.

Well, someone named Anonymous left a blog comment....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The Ganter River Vision Bridge Over Untroubled Water": 

JD Granger and others sighted at the Panther Island Pavilion Oktoberfest via DFW.com:

http://www.dfw.com/2014/09/26/930092/fort-worth-oktoberfest-at-panther.html

Pic #228 - JD and his shadow Matt Oliver
Pic #232 - JD's latest media fanboy the Star-Telegram's Mac Engel
Pic #236 - Kay Granger. She's in other pics too
Pics #242 & #243 - Engel and Granger et al

Perhaps Engel is hoping for a gig with The Vision when the S-T closes shop. 

Dfw.com posted an awful lot of pictures of this September Oktoberfest event. 257 to be exact. I figured out a method to quickly get through to the Pic #'s Anonymous mentioned.

Pic #228 is the one I used above. I know that is J.D. Granger on the right, but I'm not sure if his shadow is the person in the middle or on the left.

J.D.'s mama, Kay, appeared to be having herself a mighty fine time. Apparently she also is all about the beer, all about the beer, no water.

I know zero about the Mac Engel person Anonymous refers to as J.D.'s latest fanboy. Apparently the fanboy is a Fort Worth Star-Telegram employee.

No comments: