Thursday, September 18, 2014

Today Via Twitter Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price Favorited Me With A New Word

Today, when I returned from rolling my wheels in Fort Worth's Gateway Park, I checked my email to find a message from Twitter informing me that my favorite Fort Worth mayor, Betsy Price, had favorited me.

Well, actually what the message said was "Your Tweet got favorited!".

I don't think "favorited" is actually a word. Favorited is being red-flagged as a misspelling every time I type it.

About a half hour after learning that my favorite mayor had favorited me I mentioned to someone who shall remain Nameless that Betsy Price had favorited my latest blogging Tweet on Twitter.

Nameless acted all confused and perplexed as to what in the world Betsy Price could have favorited, since the latest blogging Nameless had read on my blog had to do with the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle.

Nameless said something like "Betsy Price favorited you making fun of the Trinity River Vision?"

To which I replied something like "Betsy Price seems to me to be a very intelligent person. Don't you think she is a bit embarrassed being the mayor of a town with such an embarrassing boondoggle building things like bridges over nothing, imaginary islands and non-existent pavilions?"

I do not remember if I ended up telling Nameless that the Tweet Betsy Price favorited had to do with Today Is North Texas Giving Day With Dorothy's Ruby Slippers On The Tandy Hills, which is not a controversial subject...

1 comment:

Nameless said...

Yes, you did a partial fess up when I was near perplexed as to why Mayor Betsy Price would be favoriting a post when you have been pummeling the absurdities of the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle on a regular basis lately.
But, of course, you post on many subjects besides local dumbness.