Friday, August 29, 2014

Today I Was Almost Swept Away In Arlington By A Flooding Village Creek

The predicted precipitation precipitated just as predicted, early this morning, precipitating on me the entire time I was in the pool.

Thunder was also predicted. I heard only one boom, a loud one, prior to exiting my abode.

By noon blue sky returned.

So, needing vittles from ALDI and Walmart, I decided to walk with the Indian Ghosts in Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area where I was not too surprised to see Village Creek moving a lot of water.

And litter.

You can see the litter and hear the roar of Village Creek in the video below...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous here again... Drove to Village Creek Park today after reading about it in your blog. What a hidden gem! I walked the trails and wondered why a scout troop doesn't clean up the trash in the water as a community service project. Limited parking and lack of restroom facilities probably keep families from using the well kept picnic areas. Thank you for telling me about it.