Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Is Chesapeake Energy The Cause Of My Burning Eyes?

No, that is not my right eye staring at you. My right eye is brown, while the right eye staring at you is not brown.

I am using this particular right blue eye for illustrative purposes to illustrate an irritated eye, because, well, I am getting real tired of having myself a pair of very irritated brown eyes.

For week upon week to varying degrees I have been experiencing an eye burning sensation, with leaky eyes, which reminds me way too much of the first time I experienced smog, in Los Angeles, decades ago.

Many of my neighbors have also noticed an increase in this annoying eye aggravating irritation. Anyone in other locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth zone also experiencing such symptoms?

Recently Fort Worth Weekly had an article titled Home to Roost which detailed the horrors foisted upon a Texas family by the Barnett Shale natural gas driller that calls itself Aruba. The family made miserable successfully sued Aruba, winning a large settlement in a Dallas court. The location of this family's home is in Wise County, that being a county at the northwest end of the D/FW Metroplex.

A paragraph from the Fort Worth Weekly Home to Roost article...

For Robert and Lisa Parr and daughter Emma, the April 22 verdict was a vindication. Within six months after Aruba began drilling wells near their 40-acre property, first Lisa and then Robert and Emma variously suffered blinding headaches, vision and hearing problems, rashes, and swollen lymph nodes. When they hired a company to take air samples, a doctor took one look at the results and “told us to move immediately,” Lisa Parr said.

In addition to the vision problems mentioned in the above paragraph, the past couple days I've been having strange flashes of a short headache type pain.

I thought yesterday's heavy duty storming, with strong wind and numerous lightning strikes would have cleaned the air and negatively ionized it.

However, this morning the eye irritant nuisance did not evidence any improvement.

Googling "What Causes Burning Eyes?" I came upon this list....

Environmental causes include:

  • Dust
  • Windy days
  • Sun exposure
  • Smoke
  • Airborne chemical irritants
  • Other chemical irritants, including chlorine in a swimming pool
  • Hair spray
  • Smog

Allergy-related causes include:

  • Pollen
  • Dust
  • Mold
  • Pet dander
  • Fragrances, such as a burning incense, perfume, or cologne

Clearly I am doomed.

In the Environmental Causes Department, at my current location, I experience a lot of dust, windy days, sun exposure, airborne chemical irritants, swimming pool irritants and smog.

In the Allergy Department, at my current location, I experience a lot of pollen, more dust and mold, that is, if mildew is mold.

My abode is within 1,000 feet of two Chesapeake Energy natural gas drilling sites, one to the east of me, one to the west. What differentiates  these two Chesapeake Energy operations from the Aruba  nightmare which terrorized the Wise County family, I can not help but wonder?

I likely would not have any success suing Chesapeake Energy in a Dallas court over my eye woes.....

No comments: