Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Ice Storm Has Arrived On Schedule At My Location In Texas

The Ice Storm no longer cometh.

The Ice Storm hath arrived.

Soon after the sun left for the day, rain began slowly dripping.

A short while after the departure of the sun, and the arrival of the drippage, the temperature dropped below freezing.

The temperature continues to drop.

I called my mom today to let her know I may be heading into primitive caveman status for the unforeseeable future, due to predictions of wide Ice Storm caused power outages and so I may be incommunicado due to the fact that all my communicado devices require electricity.

Except for my carrier pigeons.

My mom does not like to get messages via carrier pigeons due to her irrational flea phobia.

I just returned from stepping outside. The ice is already coating the outer world like clear slippery frosting on a very cold cake.

I have a bad feeling about this, a very bad feeling.

However, I do take comfort in the fact that my bad feelings are rarely validated by reality....

No comments: