Monday, December 2, 2013

Finding A Smoking Machine On A Walking Tour Of The Industrial Wasteland I Call Home

I'd not taken myself on a walking tour of the industrial wasteland I call home for awhile.

And so I did not do my usual drive to some place to walk, hike or bike and instead walked myself to Albertsons.

The route to Albertsons takes me by my closest Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale Natural Gas Drilling Operation, located a few hundred feet from my abode.

A month, or so, ago, the piece of equipment you see in the center of the picture showed up. Today I walked onto the forbidden danger zone of the property for a closer look.

I am assuming this is a compressor or a pump, either compressing or pumping, either the fracking fluid that fracks the shale or the resulting natural gas that the fracking sets free.

What I do know is that this machine, whatever it is it is doing, emits some type of exhaust, clearly visible, spewing above the machine.

This spewage of exhaust had me wondering what was being spewed into the air and if this spewage is the explanation for the burning eyes problem I've been experiencing lately.

With the burning eyes experience being something I've only experienced in extremely bad smog, like I experienced as a kid when my parental units took me and my siblings to Disneyland and Universal Studios.

At Disneyland the air did not make my eyes burn, but the smog at Universal Studios caused a bad burning sensation, worse, but similar, to what I have been experiencing of late in Texas.....

No comments: