Sunday, November 10, 2013

Today I Am Giving Anonymous No Anti-Spam Advice


I thought it amusing that the above Anonymous blog comment made it past the spam filter to the Awaiting Moderation folder.

Amusing because the comment was a spammer asking me if I get a lot of spam responses and, if I do, what do I do to stop it or anything else I might advise as to how to stop this spam problem from driving the spammer mad.

Ironically,  in the past few months the amount of spam has greatly lessened. At its worst I was getting 100s of spam comments a day. Currently I'm only getting a couple dozen spam comments a day.

Below is the spammer's comment as it appeared in incoming email...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The Tale Of Two Texas Historical Markers In Arlington": 

Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam responses? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.

my web blog ... web page

The 'web page' part of the last line was a link to the spammer's website. Needless to say, I did not click on that link. Or include it in this blogging.

No comments: