Friday, November 22, 2013

North Texas Is Chilling Into A Wet Deep Freeze On This 50th JFK Assassination Anniversary Day

A cold wind, with an outer world chilled to barely above freezing, prevented the acquiring of any endorphins this morning via the swimming method of getting aerobic stimulation.

By the time my regularly scheduled mid-day aerobic activity arrived, rain was falling in copious amounts, rendering the nearby Walmart as my dry, fall back, endorphin-free, walking location.

As you can see via the photo documentation of my drive to Walmart, looking east on John T. White Road, all is wet, with my windshield wiper slapping time to the incoming drops of wetness and the song playing on my radio.

Today North Texas is being very much like a stereotypical Western Washington winter day, reminding me of one thing I don't miss all that much about my old home zone.

I am guessing today's 50th Anniversary of the JFK Assassination, in Dealey Plaza, is not being nearly as pleasant, weather-wise, as the anniversary I attended, ten years ago.

Right now, in the middle of the afternoon of this next to last Friday of November, the outer world is being chilled to 34, with, as you can see below, via the graphic generated by my computer based weather monitoring device, the wind is making the outer world feel like a very chilly 16 degrees. Brrrrrrr.....


Looking, above, at the temperature forecast for Sunday, a high of 32, low of 30, with clouds dripping, I am guessing this is the day we may go into heavy sleet, ice storm mode.

Ice storms are the one weather phenomenon I'd not experienced prior to moving to Texas that I really do not like.

No comments: