Thursday, October 24, 2013

Today I Walked With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts & Learned The Bastard Cabbage Hangs Out With The Maximillian Sunflower

In the picture you are looking at a pair of trees in Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area. The last time I was at this location that orange and white traffic cone was sitting where it was still sitting today.

Today a red and white mark has shown up on the tree on the right. This particular tree appears to be dead and is leaning on its friend to the left. I suspect the traffic cone and the red bulls eye have something to do with this dead tree being slated for extraction.

Today's walk with the Village Creek Indian ghosts was rather sedate. I had myself a bout of insomnia last night, waking up before 4 am, hence the feeling sedated.

I was in the pool this morning before the sun arrived to begin its daily lighting duty. It has been a long time since I've had myself a pre-dawn swim.

Yesterday the outer world at my location got itself heated into the 80s, with the low this morning being 56. This made for a pleasant swim this morning without the need for a retreat to the hot tub.

When I got back to my abode and woke up my computer I saw that renowned Fort Worth horticulturist, CatsPaw, had identified some Tandy Hills wildflowers that I made mention of a couple days ago in a blogging titled An October Hike In The Colorfully Lush Tandy Hills Jungle in which I wrote...

"Hundreds of these yellow blooms are busy blooming on the Tandy Hills. These flowers look like the result of a liaison between a sunflower and a dandelion. Perhaps renowned Fort Worth horticulturist, CatsPaw, can identify this yellow flower and the other yellow flowers in the picture below".

Part of CatsPaw's memorable comments, as to the identity of the wildflowers in question....

The annual Bastard Cabbage often hangs out with the Maximilian Sunflower. Which may raise the question - "Who's your daddy?" 

CatsPaw is a good detective, in addition to being a renowned horticulturist. I've not had the pleasure of CatsPaw's company since she and I visited the Paradise Center.  I wish CatsPaw would use her renowned detective skills to find out what has happened with the Paradise Center.

No comments: