Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rolling Around Mallard Cove Before Maxine Got Me Thinking About Stehekin

Apparently yesterday I over exerted somehow, rendering my abdominal zone sore, feeling as if I've done a few thousand sit ups.

Since I don't do sit ups, that is not the explanation for the sore abdominal zone. I suspect this may be a swimming injury.

Even though my core is sore I decided it might have a salubrious effect to roll my non-motorized wheels on pavement.

So, I rolled my motorized wheels to Mallard Cove Park to roll around Mary Kelleher's neighborhood for an hour or so.

As you can see via the view over my handlebars, Mallard Cove Park has plenty of paved trails to roll on.

Earlier today Elsie Hotpepper asked me if I was aware that Palestine has a Hotpepper Festival. I knew that Elsie was very popular with Middle Eastern sorts, but I had no idea there was a festival dedicated to her.

I was about to hit the publish button on this blogging when I saw incoming email from Maxine, which turned out to be an extremely good, detailed description of this year's Stehekin hiking adventure. It has been over 15 years since I had myself a Stehekin hiking adventure.

Realizing that it has been over 15 years since I have had myself a Stehekin hiking adventure has me feeling very melancholy. And homesick....

No comments: