Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Uneventful Mountain Biking In Gateway Park With A Green River & Pickled Ginger

I think I neglected to mention that yesterday I went mountain biking with the Indian Ghosts who haunt Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

I likely neglected to mention yesterday's bike ride because it was uneventful, except for those always playful  Indian Ghosts.

Today's mountain bike ride in Gateway Park was also uneventful. And totally Indian Ghost-free.

As you can see, despite the drought, the Trinity River appears to be flowing with some sort of green liquid that may be water.

Meanwhile, down south, near Austin in the Hill Country region of Texas, the Texas Highland Lakes are drying up due to the Great Texas Drought.

We need the wet remnants of a hurricane, or two, soon.

Meanwhile, back at Gateway Park.

After I finished with 3 times around the mountain bike trail I was off to Town Talk to get cheese, tortillas and found myself a HUGE 5 pound jar of pickled ginger. I like pickled ginger. But, 5 pounds?

I guess I need to figure out how to make sushi...

No comments: