Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Queen Of Wink Is Tempting Me To Fly To Midland & Drive To Taos

To the left you are looking at the Lumina Sculpture Garden, near the Mabel Dodge home, in Taos, New Mexico.

Taos is one of my favorite places I have ever visited. The Taos Pueblo, alone, would have made this one of my favorite places I have ever visited. Add the actual Taos town to the Taos Pueblo and you have a magical location on the planet.

I have only been to Taos once. A planned one day stay turned in to three, because I was having myself such a mighty fine time.

Last night I got myself a very tempting invitation from the Queen of Wink to fly to Midland, where the Queen would meet me and then we'd proceed to take a Roadtrip to Taos.

It is widely known that there are few things I like better than a Durango Roadtrip.

Hence the feeling tempted.

The Queen of Wink is planning on roughing it in her personal version of an RV. Electricity will be required to run the essentially needed Keurig coffee maker.

Apparently a lack of water has the bears in the Taos zone a bit riled up and aggressively visiting potential sources of that which they need.

My one and only time in Taos I stayed at a motel about a block south of the Taos downtown. It has been at least 2 decades since I have camped.

The closest I have come to camping in the past 2 decades were two Lake Powell Houseboat floats. The houseboats have beds with thin mattresses, but that still felt like roughing it.

I just remembered. I have gone camping since I have been in Texas. There was a weekend at my former Texas abode where I felt the need to escape. So, I drove to Dinosaur Valley State Park and camped for 3 or 4 days. I had a thick mattress on the floor of the van, so I had none of the aching experiences I had on a Lake Powell Houseboat or the last time I went tent camping. That being at Alta State Park in Eastern Washington, where I learned I was no longer able to sleep on the ground with only a sleeping bag as a cushion.

Now, I am off to see if there are any planes available flying to Midland.....

1 comment:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I'm so thrilled you're checking into flights. Please do your best to get an early flight in on Friday. I do believe by thick mattress will do your body just fine, and if not... well, we've already discussed how those aches can be taken care of.