Saturday, August 24, 2013

Lost In Thought Today On The Gateway Park Mountain Bike Trail Almost Sent Me Cliff Diving

FWMBA (Fort Worth Mountain Bike Association) really needs to add a "CAUTION" sign a few feet before the location you see on the left on the Gateway Park mountain bike trail.

Right before one reaches this location one pedals up a steep, short incline. At the top of the incline one sees what one sees in the picture, that being a cliff dropping down to the Trinity River.

I was lost in thought today when I reached this location.

Even though I was lost I hit the brakes quick enough to avoid an unwanted swim with the fishes and turtles.

The outer world was heated to around 95 when I left my abode to drive to Gateway Park. The humidity had the heat index having it feel like the outer world was over 100 degrees.

And so it did. Feel over 100 degrees.

I had my wished for sauna steam  bath today. Followed by the rapid chilling provided by the Town Talk cooler.

I got myself a shopping cart full of stuff at Town Talk today. A big bag of Russet spuds from Twin Falls, Idaho. A 5 pound bag of broccoli crowns. Another 5 pound jar of pickled ginger. Cabbage, lettuce, yogurt, cheese, tortillas, ham and I forget what else.

I'd tell you what I was lost in thought about that had me almost doing some cliff diving, but it's a distressing tale of sadly perverse verbal abuse that may be too weird to share....

2 comments:

Zelda del West said...

Looks hot.

Anonymous said...

C'mon...don't tease us like that. Share, please.