Monday, August 19, 2013

Back On The Relatively Chilly Tandy Hills For A Mighty Fine Hike

It has been weeks, maybe over a month, since I have looked across the wagon train trail which heads west towards the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth from the top of Mount Tandy.

With the outer world being chilled to a relatively cool temperature in the low 80s today I returned to the Tandy Hills for some fine hill hiking.

I was a little surprised to find that the windfall log which I came upon during my previous hill hiking still blocks the trail on the north side of the currently dry Tandy Falls. I would have thought by now someone would have attacked that trail obstruction with an ax or a chain saw.

The Tandy Hills seem to be handing the Great Texas Drought better than last year when one spotted numerous items of foliage under severe stress due to not getting enough to drink.

My long break from hiking the hills was due to deciding not to til more reasonable temperatures returned. There was no breeze blowing today, but even without any windchill I still did not get too HOT. Nor did I get that sauna steam bath effect I find so pleasurable, sometimes.

I'm thinking I will now be adding the Tandy Hills back on my regular hiking schedule. With that plan subject to change if the HEAT returns for a visit.

No comments: