Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Village Creek Natural Historical Area Green Snake Standoff With Overcooked Chicken

My walk on the wild side with the Indian Ghosts who haunt Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area was not impeded, today, by flash floods.

Rather than raging water my path was blocked by a long, skinny green snake with a propitiatory attitude that had it giving itself permission to not feel as if it needed to get out of my way.

Eventually the snake standoff ended and the Indian Ghosts and I were able to continue walking.

And then an unsettling thing happened.

Once again, just like a week or two ago, I remembered I'd forgotten to turn off my chicken cooking oven. Just like the last time, I called Miss Puerto Rico to ask if she could go turn off the oven. Just like the last time, the call went to voice mail. The last time Miss Puerto Rico got the voice mail message and called back to tell me the chicken was saved.

This time, no call back came by the time I reached my vehicle. It was a speed limit pushing rush back to the potentially burning chicken.

Tragedy averted. I made it back in time to get the chicken out of the oven before it was totally ruined.

I think I need a new oven with a timer that turns the oven off.

No comments: