Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The 2013 Great Texas Warrant Roundup Did Not Arrest Me On The Tandy Hills Today

In the picture you are halfway down Mount Tandy, looking west past a sign, at a zoomed view of the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth, well known as one of the World's Greatest Cities.

Yesterday I did my hiking, without driving anywhere, by hiking across the street to the newly discovered newest un-official Fort Worth hiking venue, Canyon Creek Park.

On the drive to the summit of Mount Tandy I saw a billboard informing me of the 2013 Great Texas Warrant Roundup, with a giant pair of handcuffs, asking what size fits, or something like that.

I Googled "2013 Great North Texas Warrant Roundup" to find out that a couple hundred Texas jurisdictions are rounding up thousands of citizens with outstanding warrants to possibly throw them into the Texas Gulag.

Apparently the vast majority of the outstanding warrants are for motor vehicle operation crimes. Like breaking the speed limit, using your cell phone in a forbidden zone, being caught not using a seatbelt, parking where parking is banned, that type thing.

I'm guessing a lot of the those who chose to scoff at the law scoffed  because they did not feel they'd done anything wrong and then when trying to deal with it, learned the court system is one big clunky operation, and then decided to continue scoffing.

Today on the Tandy Hills I looked more closely at a sign I've seen for years. That being the one at the top that says "FOOT TRAFFIC ONLY NO BIKES, HORSES OR MOTORIZED VEHICLES".

I'd never noticed the bottom of the sign that says "CITY CODE SECTION 24 - 10, SECTION 24 - 15" before.

I'm guessing a ticket could be issued if one was caught on the other side of that sign riding a bike, horse or motorbike. And then if one scoffed at paying whatever the fine for the crime might be, one might find oneself in the Great Texas Warrant Roundup.

Methinks there are way too many tickets written by way too many Texas cops for "violations" that really should warrant nothing more than a warning. And never warrant a warrant.

This 2013 Great Texas Warrant Roundup thing really bugs me.

If I had wanted to experience living in a Police State I would have moved to Nazi Germany, not Texas....

No comments: