Saturday, March 23, 2013

In Search Of Fosdick Lake Wildflowers While Wondering About Vegetable Fungus

Prior to my regularly scheduled Saturday visit to Town Talk I stopped at Oakland Lake Park to walk around Fosdick Lake.

The only flower type color I saw today in the Fosdick Lake zone was the pink color you see in the picture.

With the end of March rapidly approaching I grow concerned that the Texas Wildflowers might not be putting on their regular reliable colorful show this year.

My memory is not to be trusted, but I think I remember wildflowers already coloring up the outer world at this early Spring point in time, in years past.

Have we not had enough water drop from the sky to cause the sprouting of wildflowers?

This morning's storm did not drop much water at my location. All was dry by the time I walked around Fosdick Lake.

All the electrical zapping this morning seems to have had a cleansing effect on the air that I breathe. Mother Nature's negative ionizer did a good job.

My house in Mount Vernon had a negative ionizer as part of the ventilation system. This made for an extremely low level of dust in that house, unlike my current dusty abode with no negative ionizer, except for that occasionally provided by the aforementioned Mother Nature.

This morning I was in the mood to make Chinese food for lunch. My in-house vegetable supply was non-existent. I told myself if I found something at Town Talk that seemed to empower Chinese food, then I'd go with the Chinese food for lunch mood.

Well, I walked into the Town Talk warehouse and what do I find? Bok Choy, yellow peppers, onions and mushrooms.

So, it was Chinese food for lunch. A pork stir fry with the Town Talk veggies. Are mushrooms a vegetable? I guess I should ask if a fungus is a vegetable? Is it?

No comments: