Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Walking With My Mom While Singing Happy Birthday In Gateway Park

In Texas, a time or two, I have heard someone say something along the line that "if you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 10 minutes and it will change."

I am likely not even close to the correct wording of what it is I have heard Texans say about the Texas weather. But, I am close to the sentiment.

Yesterday morning it was 70 degrees when I went swimming soon after the sun arrived, with the outer world cloudy, warm and windy. This morning I did not go swimming, because it was 41 degrees and windy.

But, as you can see, via the picture, on this next to last day of January, the clouds have mostly evacuated.

That is not a lake you are looking at in the picture. It is the Trinity River, looking west, viewed from the Gateway Park trail that trails along beside the river.

My mom went walking with me in Gateway Park today.

I called my mom on the way to Gateway. This was not a getting gas related call. It was a Happy Birthday Mom call.

My mom's birthday, as long as I can remember, has been on the next to last day of the 1st month of the year.

My mom claimed, today, that when she called me a couple days ago that she invited me to today's birthday party. That sort of seems familiar.

Later today, my sister, favorite brother-in-law, favorite nephews CJ & JR, brother and favorite sister-in-law, plus an extremely distant relative, who does not speak the same language I speak, and likely a few others, will be helping my mom blow out the candles on her birthday cake.

No comments: