Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Neighborhood Chesapeake Energy Red Boxcar Mystery

This morning I walked to Albertsons to get this week's Fort Worth Weekly.

On the way to Albertsons I walked by my neighborhood Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale Natural Gas Pad Site.

In the past month or two there have been some additions added to my neighborhood Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale Natural Gas Pad Site.

A week or two after I'd blogged about the lack of any fencing around this particular gas installation, fencing showed up. Then a few trees were planted around the perimeter.

In the past week or two a couple house trailers showed up. Along with the red boxcar-like structure you see in the center of the picture.

When the sun goes down really bright lights light up the area of the red boxcar. You can see the bright lights to the left of the red boxcar.

At night you can see what looks like exhaust smoke coming out of the red boxcar.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on with that red boxcar? And why it requires workers to move in to house trailers to monitor whatever it is that is needing monitoring?

No comments: