Friday, January 4, 2013

I Saw No Bubo Virginianus In Oakland Lake Park Today While Fosdick Creek Was Flooding

Muddy Flooding Fosdick Creek
Something somewhere in Fort Worth is leaking a lot of muddy water into Fosdick Creek, flooding into Fosdick Lake in Oakland Lake Park.

Walking around Fosdick Lake today was a lot less chilly than the frigid walk around Fosdick Lake a couple days ago.

My Arizona sister walked with me today. Eventually our little brother and sister-in-law joined us.

I woke up this morning before 4 and was unable to get back to sleep. My sister also woke up before 4 this morning and was unable to get back to sleep.

Soon after my little brother and sister-in-law arrived my sister quit walking with me so they could drive to Sun Lakes to pick up my mom and dad so they could all drive south to Maricopa to go out to lunch in a trendy Maricopa restaurant called McDonald's.

I was in that Maricopa McDonald's in March, last year.  I had a Fish Sandwich. It was delicious.

Yesterday I mentioned seeing a big bird at the Village Creek Blue Bayou. This morning noted local Ornithologist, CatsPaw, informed me that the bird that turned its back on me was a Bubo Virginianus, also known as a Great Horned Owl.

I saw no Bubo Virginianus in Oakland Lake Park today. But, I did see a lot of ducks quacking on Fosdick Lake.

No comments: