Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Heat Wave In The 80s Has Me Cooling In The Pool On The 1st Day Of December

In The Pool  On The 1st Day Of December
Today is the first day of December. If I remember right it was 67 degrees when I went swimming this morning, soon after the sun arrived.

By mid-morning I'd opened my windows.

I do not remember, previously, opening my windows, in Texas, in December.

This afternoon I turned on the ceiling fans.

As the temperature continued to rise I shut the windows in anticipation of turning on the air-conditioning.

When the temperature reached 82, according to my computer based temperature monitoring device, I decided to go swimming, again, and hope that the semi-cool water had a cooling effect and thus obviate the need to turn on the A/C.

It is now about an hour after I returned from my pool cooling. The ceiling fans continue to spin. I am once again contemplating turning on the A/C.

We have around 20 days to go til the Winter Solstice. I hope Winter brings some much needed cooling to this too hot part of the planet. Snow would be an added plus.

No comments: