Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A 12/12/12 Pappy Happy Birthday Greeting From Texas To Arizona

Today, December 12, 2012, 12/12/12, is my dad's Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday, Pa.

The last time I saw my dad was March 25 of this year. An hour or so before heading to the airport I helped my Pa plant something called an Easter Egg Bush, or something like that.

I never remember to ask if the Easter Egg Bush every bloomed any Easter Eggs.

In the picture you are looking at my sister, on the left, and my dad on the right. Hidden behind my dad is my mom, making it look like my dad needs a haircut.

If I remember right the name of the town whose restaurant we were sitting in, was Surprise. I may be wrong about that. It's been over 9 months, which is a long time for me to accurately remember anything.

I do  remember I had a cheeseburger. And that the cheeseburger was not as good as the one I would have in Tempe, at an In N Out Burger, the next day. I think it was the next day.

A couple months ago if you had asked me where I would be today I would have said I would likely be in Arizona, going to my dad's Happy Birthday Party, today.

However, my annoying awareness of some relatively annoying duplicitousness had me not in the mood to book a flight to Arizona at this point in time.

I must remember to call Arizona today. My mom will be insisting my dad answer all incoming calls, with those calls likely to be Happy Birthday calls.

I hope my mom also insists my dad has his hearing aid turned on.

No comments: