Monday, December 10, 2012

29 Degrees Feeling Like 12 This Monday Morning In North Texas With No Big Snow Drifts

29 degrees early this Monday morning, soon after the sun showed up. A wind is blowing, which, apparently makes it really feel like 12 degrees in the outer world at my location.

I will not be going swimming this morning.

It is not big drifts of snow that are making me think making it to the pool would be a lot of bother, it is this extremely cold temperature that suddenly makes swimming seem unappealing.

A week ago we were breaking temperature records in North Texas, records on the HOT side of record breaking. Windows open, followed by A/C chilling.

And now, it would appear Winter has arrived, 12 days before the solstice.

I am thinking my #1 fun today will come from needing to wear long pants and a flannel shirt. Or maybe a sweater. I think I still have a couple flannel shirts surviving from my years of flannel shirts being a necessary part of a Pacific Northwest uniform.

No comments: