Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spencer Jack's Jack-O-Lanterns Are Ready For Halloween

Spencer Jack Working On His Pumpkins
Earlier in the month I made mention of the tragic smashing of my great grand nephew, Spencer Jack's, Halloween pumpkin.

I have received multiple inquires regarding the current state of affairs regarding Spencer Jack's Jack-O-Lantern situation.

Well, I am pleased to report that Spencer Jack's favorite girl friend, Brittney, took him back to the pumpkin patch, where Spencer Jack found himself two new pumpkins.

One big, one little.

I do not remember painting pumpkins during my pumpkin carving, Jack-O-Lantern making, years. This must be a new thing the younger generation has added to the Halloween pumpkin carving tradition.

Below is the finished result of Spencer Jack's 2012 Halloween Pumpkin Jack-O-Lanterns. I am assuming that after the picture was taken Spencer Jack moved the pumpkins back inside the house so as to avoid a repeat of the previous smashed pumpkin tragedy.


Why are carved pumpkins called Jack-O-Lanterns I am sitting here wondering? Yes, I know I can end the wondering by doing some Googling. I have a tendency to wonder about something and then remember the answer is easily found.

No comments: