Monday, October 22, 2012

Running Around Crystal Canyon Searching For Shiny Objects

In the picture you are looking at the Shadow of the Crystal Canyon Thin Man, today, around noon.

The sun was shining around some clouds whilst I was doing some salubrious endorphin inducing aerobic activity running around the Crystal Canyon Natural Area's trail a few laps.

I thought maybe with the sun shining on the canyon that the illusive crystals might be doing some glistening.

I saw no glistening. Except for the sweat beads glistening on my personal epidermal layer.

My computer based weather monitoring device just started flashing red. When I clicked on SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT I read the following...

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

in effect until Monday, Oct 22, 2:30pm.
...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR... WESTERN COLLIN COUNTY WESTERN DALLAS COUNTY EASTERN DENTON COUNTY EASTERN TARRANT COUNTY
AT 124 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED THE LEADING EDGE OF GUSTY THUNDERSTORM WINDS EXTENDING FROM PILOT POINT TO FLOWER MOUND TO FORT WORTH...MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.
WINDS WILL SHIFT ABRUPTLY FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHWEST BEHIND THIS LEADING EDGE OF GUSTY WINDS. WIND GUSTS OF 30 TO 40 MPH FROM THE NORTHWEST WILL BE POSSIBLE THROUGH 230 PM. THE WIND SHIFT WILL PRECEDE THE ONSET OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS BY 20 TO 30 MINUTES.
THE BRIEF PERIOD OF GUSTY WINDS WILL AFFECT DFW AIRPORT BY 145 PM... ARLINGTON BY 150 PM...AND MCKINNEY...PLANO...AND DALLAS LOVE FIELD BETWEEN 200 PM AND 215 PM.

Well, it is almost 2:30pm, so the above WEATHER STATEMENT is about to become ineffective. I have seen some wind gusts and a little bit of rain has fallen. But, no thunderstorm action.

Enough about the weather, now back to Crystal Canyon.


The above info is gleaned from one of the informative signs in the Crystal Canyon Natural Area. That verbiage sure makes it seem as if one should expect to see some crystals whilst one traverses this natural area's topography.

The next time I go running around the Crystal Canyon Natural Area maybe it would help if I brought my magnifying glass with me.

No comments: