Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Today I Am Being Very Patiently Mechanical

Today I am enjoying the joys of being a pseudo mechanic.

Being a pseudo mechanic started early this morning in pseudo bike mechanic mode. It was my bike's flat front tire that needed a replacement tube.

When I replaced the bike's back tire's tube it turned into a bit of an annoying adventure. The front tire tube replacement was much less annoying. And not much of an adventure.

Coming up on noon I decided to take the freshly fixed bike on a ride.

When I turned the key to ignite the device that ignites my bike's vehicular transport's engine, it did not ignite.

Dead battery.

Lifting the hood I saw the battery is less than 3 years old, with a 3 year replacement guarantee plastered on the battery, with the date of purchase, 11/09, also plastered on the battery.

I am awaiting Allstate to arrive to jump start the bike carrier. Then I hope to drive the bike carrier to the location I purchased the battery, Walmart, and get a free replacement. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

No comments: