Monday, April 9, 2012

Walking Around Calm Fosdic Lake Getting Bit By Fire Ants

The Fosdic Lake Mirror
Going to Oakland Lake Park to walk around Fosdic Lake was my walking choice today.

Walking in addition to, this morning, putting in a lot of walking miles, or so it seemed, at Academy Sports, Wal-Mart Supercenter and Super Target.

Driving in a dense fog in North Texas was very strange today. It seemed like I should have been hearing foghorns and big waves crashing.

Walking around Oakland Lake Park today I saw a lot of evidence of brightly colored eggs being destroyed.

As you can see in the picture, Fosdic Lake was very calm today, even though water was falling over Fosdic Falls. The lake was acting like a perfect mirror, reflecting the line of trees that line the western shore.

There were a lot of people enjoying the calm after the storm, and before the next one, today around Fosdic Lake.

The grass in Oakland Lake Park is in dire need of mowing, or harvesting into hay bales.

Today I sat down for a bit, my feet buried in the tall grass. After a couple minutes of sitting I realized I had fire ants visiting my shoes. I go out of this relatively unscathed, with just a few fire ant bites, unlike the last fire ant attack incident, when I was on the ground to take a picture and stood up to find I had a lot of fire ants on me.

I had myself a fine swim early this morning. Right now I'm thinking that cool pool water might make fire ant bites feel better.

No comments: