Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The 4th Day Of April Dawns Chilly & Free Of Texas Tornadoes

Looking through the bars of my patio prison cell at one of my favorite destinations on the 4th morning of April the outer world appears calm and the sky appears to be mostly clear of clouds.

All indicators indicate today should be a tornado free day in Texas.

Tornado free and cold. The temperature is currently only 25 degrees above freezing, heading to a relatively chilly high today of 73.

It seems a bit of a miracle to me that all that tornadic action twisting through the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex zone yesterday did not result in anyone being killed. I've not even heard of anyone being badly injured. Truck trailers were tossed into the air like matchsticks, but no humans, apparently, were tossed.

Yesterday I mentioned hearing on the radio that a tornado had touched down in the Ballpark in Arlington. This caused someone named Anonymous to make a comment...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Mom & Big Sister: I Am Still On The Ground In Texas Waiting To Ride A Tornado To Oz": 

The safest place to be in Dallas during tornado happenings would have to be the football stadium. As they rarely have touchdowns.

I'm guessing this is supposed to be a reference to the Dallas Cowboys. But the Dallas Cowboys do not play football in Dallas. They play next door to the Ballpark in Arlington in the Dallas Cowboys Stadium. Maybe Anonymous is suggesting the Cotton Bowl in Dallas  is the safest place to be in Dallas when tornadoes are in town.

Right now I'm thinking the safest place to be is my swimming pool. So that is where I'm going to go right now.

1 comment:

GhostscribblerCatsPaw said...

Bahdeboomboom.

Anonymous just needed a little help with his joke writing. I am available for a small fee.