Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Ides Of March Dawns Warm & Humid In Texas

I am looking out my primary viewing portal on this 15th morning of the 3rd month of 2012 being very beware of the portentous date that is the Ides of March.

On this day, over a couple thousand years ago, in 44 B.C. to be precise, Julius Caesar was stabbed to death, from 23 knife pokings, by a conspiratorial group of Roman Senators.

Even though our current American Senators and Representatives are held in low regard due to their partisan squabbling, I guess we can take some solace in the fact that the politicians who represent the American Empire are better behaved, for the most part, than the politicians who represented the Roman Empire.

Changing the subject from assassinating Romans to the weather.

It is currently 68 degrees and humid at my location. It is 56 degrees and not humid at the location I will be located at in about 8 hours.

I have no idea what I will be seeing via the view from my primary viewing portal on the outer world tomorrow morning. Maybe a cactus, palm and blossoming orange tree.

The sun is now arriving to begin its illumination duty. This means it is time to go swimming one more time before I depart for a colder climate.

No comments: