Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hiking The Tandy Hills With A Howling Wind & Yellow Wildflowers

As you can see via today's noontime view from atop Mount Tandy, looking west over the wagon train trail that leads towards the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth, storm clouds have blown in to North Texas.

Blown in by a very strong wind.

I can not remember the last really bad storm to rattle my location. Stormy weather with bolts of lightning, downpours and tornado sirens blaring used to happen fairly frequently

I can not remember the last time I heard a tornado siren. Or Pete Delkus interrupting prime time TV with one of his breathless weather warning reports about a circulating cell somewhere within a couple hundred mile range.

The wind has turned up its volume and is now doing some howling and whistling.

An Early March Tandy Hills Wildflower Bloom
The best howling wind I've ever heard was during a blizzard whilst in a log cabin at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. That happened in late October, if I remember right.

Today on the Tandy Hills I saw several instances of a freshly bloomed yellow wildflower. I don't recollect seeing this particular wildflower before, but I'm sure I have.

I am fairly certain I will be missing Prairie Fest One that I believe happens later this month.

The Tandy Hills' wildflowers need to start waking up and coloring the hills for all the incoming Prairie Festers.

No comments: