Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Walking With The Indian Ghosts In The Village Creek Natural Historical Area & Finding Mysterious Firewood

I am still not back to my regular healthy self. I do not like not being my regular healthy self.

Today I took my not back to my regular healthy self to the Village Creek Natural Historical Area to take a walk with the Indian Ghosts.

What you are looking at in the picture is some plastic wrapped store bought firewood and a barbecue grill sitting on the ground.

In the barbecue was an unopened self-starting log.

Finding firewood and barbecue grill in a park would not normally be at all perplexing or a mystery. Normally.

However.

These items were found about a mile and a half from either entry into the park, either the west parking lot on Dottie Lynn Parkway or from the Interlochen neighborhood.

Along the paved trail in the Village Creek Natural Historical Area are a lot of picnic tables with firepits.

The firewood and barbecue I saw today were about a half a mile from the paved trail.

Why would anyone go to the effort to haul firewood and a barbecue grill to this location?  And then leave it sitting there, unused?

Very perplexing.

Currently it is 65 degrees in the outer world at my location. I heard on the radio we may get heated to 80 tomorrow. That is a swimming temperature.

No comments: