Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Shivering Saturday Shadow Of The Tandy Hills Thin Man

In the picture of the Shivering Shadow of the Tandy Hills Thin Man you can sort of see that I am bulked up under layers of insulalative outerwear.

It was about one degree above freezing when I stepped from the heated comfort of my vehicle parked atop Mount Tandy today, slightly before noon.

A brisk wind blew which blew in a Wind Chill Factor that had the air feeling way below freezing.

And yet, despite being blown breezy and cold, I found the fast-paced hill hiking today to be very exhilarating.

I just finished a very long-winded blogging part of which listed 15 reasons I think Fort Worth is strange.

Another reason, added to the 15 other reasons I think Fort Worth is strange, is the fact that on such a beautiful Saturday, as today, that I saw absolutely no one hiking the hills. In a location that is at the heart of a town with a population of well over 700,000.

I think I have opined before that if the Tandy Hils were located within a couple miles of the downtowns of Denver, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Boise or most other big towns in America, the Tandy Hills would be alive with people.

I grow tired of being perplexed way too much of the time.

No comments: