Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day In Texas Thinking About Tornadoes & Avalanches

Looking through my primary viewing portal on the outer world on this 20th day of the 2nd month of 2012 it appears that this 3rd Monday of the month is a bit cloudy.

The weather predictors are predicting it will be windy today.

I saw no confirmation whilst reading any of my online news sources this morning, but I believe today is President's Day. George and Abe used to get their own special days on their birthdays. Now they have to share with all the other presidents.

Yesterday's news brought news of a danger I've not been exposed to since I moved to Texas.

On Sunday more than a dozen skiers in the Stevens Pass zone of Washington's Cascade Mountains got caught in a massive avalanche, with 3 of the skiers killed.

I don't think there is any place in Texas where you might find yourself caught in an avalanche.

Every location on the planet has its own special dangers. I never heard a tornado siren when I lived in Washington.

No comments: