Friday, February 3, 2012

The First Friday Of February Is Jalapeno HOT In Texas In More Ways Than One

Currently, coming up on 4 in the afternoon, the sun is shining through thinning clouds. It is humid. 71 degree. I have my windows open.

This time last year I was fighting frostbite.

In the noon time frame I took off, heading to the Village Creek Natural Historical Area, to get my daily endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation. And then on to ALDI to get Super Bowl Party supplies.

By the time I reached Village Creek precipitation was precipitating. So, I bailed on getting any endorphins and continued on to ALDI.

When I returned to my abode I made lunch and then after lunch I made what currently appears to have been a mistake.

I am making a HUGE batch of chili for my Super Bowl Party. 15 pounds of ground beef product, currently slow cooking in the oven.

I chopped up 9 jalapenos and 2 poblano peppers to add to the chili beef product while it slow cooked.

I was careful to rigorously scrub my hands with soap and water after chopping up the jalapenos. Usually this removes the Capsicum, which causes the burning.

But not today.

My right hand, the one that holds the jalapenos while my left hand cuts them up, is burning. A momentary lapse had me touching my right eye zone with my right hand, causing more burning.

I need not detail all the locations that are currently on fire. Suffice to say, I must find another means to chop up multiple jalapenos in the future.

I understand there is a product called a kitchen glove that might be useful.

No comments: