Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Final Thursday Of February Underwhelmed By Last Night's Arizona Republican Debate

Looking out my primary viewing portal on the outer world on the final Thursday of the second month of 2012, the day appears to have dawned with a pleasantly blue sky.

I can tell via my computer based temperature monitoring device that the outer world at my location is currently heated to 56 degrees.

My attempt to go swimming yesterday morning did not succeed. I got waste deep and decided it was too cold to go any deeper.

The temperature got into the 70s yesterday and is almost 60 right now. I don't know if I will make another swimming attempt. I do know at this time last year I was swimming. I fear I may have become somewhat of a cold water wimp.

Speaking of cold water. I made it through last night's Republican Debate in Arizona. I thought Newt Gingrich did the best. At times Rick Santorum seemed borderline convoluted. Mitt Romney continues to annoy me, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's my aversion to used car salesmen. Ron Paul continues to amuse me.

But, where is a Ronald Reagan when the Republicans so desperately need one?

I think I will go try and go swimming now and take my mind off the sad state of American politics.

No comments: