Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The 3rd Tuesday Of February Thinking About Losing My Nuclear Codes

Looking at the outer world via my primary viewing portal it appears that this 3rd Tuesday of the 2nd month of 2012 has dawned free of clouds littering the sky.

We are currently on day 21 of a month with only 29 days.

In just a few weeks the Vernal Equinox will arrive. By the time the Vernal Equinox has the sun midway to its Summertime highest point in the sky, it should be warm enough to enable a pleasant return to swimming.

Changing the subject from the sun to Presidents.

I just read a President's Day article about the bad behavior of two presidents, John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton.

I was appalled to learn that at one point in time Clinton lost the nuclear codes that he was supposed to keep with him at all times. And when he finally fessed up to losing them, he did not know how long he'd lost them.

I have no idea how the nuclear codes work. But, does this mean if Clinton lost the nuclear codes during one of his frequent trips to McDonald's or a doughnut shop and if a kid found the codes, could that kid have accidentally started a nuclear war? Into what are the nuclear codes entered?

Speaking of nuclear war, we seem to live, currently, in a much safer world. I can not remember the last time I heard the subject of Fallout Shelters mentioned.

No comments: