Saturday, February 18, 2012

The 3rd Saturday Of February With Rain & A Nephew Escaping Great Danger In Washington

Looking out my primary viewing portal on the outer world on this 3rd Saturday morning of the 2nd month of 2012 I see that that outer world is currently a bit wet.

I started hearing precipitation precipitating very early this morning. The precipitation continues to precipitate and is predicted to keep precipitating throughout the day.

Currently the outer world at my location, according to my computer based temperature monitoring device, is being warmed to 48 degrees.

Changing the subject from my favorite one to Nephews in Danger.

My great nephew Spencer Jack's dad emailed me last night with the subject line of "BP Cherry Point Explosion: One Nephew In Serious Danger".

Apparently Spencer Jack's uncle Joey was working at the Cherry Point BP Refinery yesterday when something went badly wrong, resulting in a huge fire. No one was injured. Ironically Joey was installing video/media hardware in a conference room designed to teach refinery workers safety practices.

Cherry Point is south of Birch Bay, maybe 15 miles south of the Canadian border. When we were kids I remember the parental units taking us to the Cherry Point zone and pointing out a big house that supposedly Bing Crosby at one point owned.

Changing the subject from Nephews in Danger to my failing health.

This morning I am feeling better. I don't know if this is the result of recovering from whatever it is that has been ailing me, or the result of taking meds.

Whatever is the cause of feeling better, I am pleased that I do.

No comments: