Monday, January 30, 2012

Up Late Monday Morning With Pullulating Perplexation Over The Important Issue Of The Dallas Cowboys Being America's Team

I was up way past my regular bedtime Sunday night, for multiple reasons. This has me up way past my regular up time on this last Monday of the first month of 2012. Which you can likely intuit from the semi-bright view from my primary viewing portal on the outer world.

January has disappeared at an unseemly rapid pace. I'm feeling like I'm in a time machine with the controls accidentally set to fast forward.

Today is my mom's birthday. I must remember to call, even though I do not need to fill my gas tank today.

Last night I learned I am expected to participate in an "Occupy" event in Fort Worth. I have not been to a rare Fort Worth protest since a couple years ago on the steps of the Tarrant County Courthouse.

I have long made note of the fact that few protests take place in Fort Worth. This has long seemed such a contrast with what I used to experience in protest-prone Seattle. We recently learned that Seattle is far more literate than Fort Worth. Perhaps part of that is understanding citizen's First Amendment right to free speech and to peacefully assemble.

For those whose time spent in the Fort Worth School District's schools did not expose them to the United States Constitution, the First Amendment....

Prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Speaking of free speech. Yesterday I mentioned that the Sunday edition of the Star-Telegram had an embarrassing article on the serious issue of the Dallas Cowboys alleged continuing status of being America's Team.

The Monday edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram elaborated on this extremely important issue in an article titled "Are the Cowboys still America's Team?" With the below screencap being the link to the article from the Star-Telegram's front page.


The Dallas Cowboys earned the "America's Team" moniker in 1978? Back when Jimmy Carter was President? 34 years ago? By this type logic Jimmy Carter is still America's President.

There are a lot of embarrassing elements in today's Star-Telegram article about this important America's Team issue, with, maybe, the most embarrassing paragraph being...

"And so don't accept impostors or substitutes. Don't consign the nickname to the trash, or put it in the freezer or hide it in a drawer beneath the old socks. The Cowboys, Staubach said, are still America's Team. And America's quarterback is right. Yes, amid dubious poll results and pullulating flapdoodle and perennial piffle, America's Team still stands out."

So, now we have someone anointed as America's quarterback anointing the Dallas Cowboys as America's Team?

I still have not seen any mention made in the Star-Telegram of the fact that the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle's flood control project's first completed project, the Cowtown Wakepark, was severely damaged in the first flood of the Trinity River since its completion.

I have learned, from Steve A, what "pullulating" means...

"To breed or otherwise increase rapidly or abundantly."

To use in a sentence...

The ridiculousness of much of the Fort Worth Star-Telegam's content seems to be pullulating at an alarmingly rate.

No comments: