Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Tandy Bamboo Teepee Has Been Resurrected Just In Time For Saturday's Manly Men Wild Women Hike On The Tandy Hills

The Tandy Bamboo Teepee Stands Again
In a resurrection from the dead almost as amazing as one alleged to have happened a couple thousand years ago, today I found the Tandy Bamboo Teepee back standing tall, its triangulating poles piercing the cloudy blue sky.

On New Years Day I was shocked to find the Tandy Bamboo Teepee laying flat on the ground, the victim of what I assumed was a vandalous assault, but which others attributed to an alleged wind.

I do not know if the Tandy Bamboo Teepee was resurrected to serve some purpose for this coming Saturday's 3rd Annual Manly Men Wild Women Hike, led by William Wallace and Wonder Woman.

Speaking of Wonder Women. If this is the upcoming 3rd Annual Manly Men Wild Women Hike on the Tandy Hills, that means it is 2 years since the Queen of Wink and Princess Annie drove to Fort Worth to do the hike, all the way from their realm in West Texas.

How can that already be 2 years ago? I remember that day, fairly well. The hike started off easy, but I soon found myself lamenting what terrible shape I was in, as I found myself having trouble keeping up the pace set by the HUGE throng of Manly Men and Wild Women marching across the prairie.

A Very Rare Human Sighting On The Tandy Hills
Speaking of throngs of humans traipsing across the Tandy Hills prairie. Today I had a rare human sighting.

I was looking through my camera's view finder to find a human waving at me. That is the waving human at the center of the photo. I did not have a close up encounter with this human, the photo was as close as I got.

I think I may be in better shape, now, than I was the first time I joined the Manly Men and Wild Women. I am hoping to fare better this coming Saturday than I did 2 years ago.

I am almost 100% certain neither the Queen of Wink or Princess Annie will be in Fort Worth on Saturday. There have been some troubles that keep the Queen of Wink very close to her realm and her subjects, who have become a bit rebellious under her benevolent, albeit, autocratic rule.

No comments: