Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Walking Softly While Wielding A Big Stick With Yoga & The Indians At Village Creek

A Man With His Club Heading Towards A Yoga Group
Is the moon full? Is it the lunatic time of the month?

I could not see the moon, even if it were dark and possibly visible, because we are under a thick cloud cover, currently, in this sort of parched part of the planet.

Rain was predicted for today. But, so far, none has fallen on my location.

It is currently 61 degrees. I tested the temperature of the swimming pool this morning. I deemed it not swim-worthy. Tomorrow morning I suspect it will be.

Back to today's walk with the Ghosts of the Caddoan Confederacy, the Native Americans who made up the Anadarko, Bidais, Caddo, Keechi, Kickapoo, Tawakoni, Tonkawa, Waco, Waxahachie and Wichita tribes, who used to live in a huge village that has now been reduced to being made note of via the existence of Village Creek Natural Historical Area in Arlington.

Today there were a lot of people haunting Village Creek. In the picture, above, you see a club wielding man heading to a group of women doing yoga, led by a giant of a man of what looked to be of African-American distinction.

I met a couple dressed in what looked to be Middle Eastern garb, with the female of the couple wearing a head scarf and the man of the couple speaking on a smart phone in what sounded to be Arabic. I am almost 100% certain they were not on a terrorist mission. They greeted me in a very friendly manner, as I passed by, with the man taking a time out from speaking on the phone, in Arabic, to give me a very nice Texas accented "Howdy."

A family of 5, with a baby in a wobbly stroller, pushed by a dad wearing droopy drawers, which he cinched up as I approached, greeted me with a nice Mexican accented "Howdy."

I love how multi-cultural going on a walk in Texas in Village Creek Natural Historical Area is at times. Like today.

No comments: