Saturday, December 17, 2011

Riding The Seattle Monorail With My Nephew David Reminds Me Of Monorail Rides With David's Cousin

David Not Focused On Driving The Seattle Monorail
I saw on the Blue & Max Adventure Poodle Blog, this morning, that my nephews, David and Theo, and niece, Ruby's, Grandma Janet is visiting them from Colorado.

I met Grandma Janet the last time I was in Tacoma, way back in the Summer of 2008, also known as the Summer Without Sun.

Grandma Janet took David for a fun day of playing in downtown Seattle.

That is David, with Grandma Janet beside him, driving the Seattle Monorail towards the Seattle Center, where David took Grandma Janet to the Top of the Seattle Space Needle.

Seeing David on the Monorail put me in mind of a time long ago when I took David's cousin, Jason, and his brother, Joey, to Seattle.

I recollect the elevator ride up to the Top of the Space Needle. Jason and Joey had not been to the Top of the Space Needle before.

When Jason was a little kid he had two fixations, one was the Washington State Ferry Fleet. The other was the Seattle Monorail.

We got to the Top of the Needle, walked around the observation deck. Jason looked down and saw the Monorail snaking its way to Westlake Center. We'd barely been at the Top of the Needle when Jason asked if we could go ride the Monorail now.

And so we did.

We were barely underway, on the Monorail, when Jason laid down on his seat. I asked, "what are you doing?"

He told me he was taking a rest.

I asked, "But I thought you wanted to ride the Monorail?"

Jason replied, "Oh, I've been on this thing a million times."

Kids.

Jason's kid, Spencer Jack, is going to Disneyland for Christmas. I don't know if Spencer Jack is going to ride the Disneyland Monorail.

I hope Grandma Janet remembers not to violate the strict Blue & Max House Prohibition Against Any Repetitive Noises. The penalty for such a violation ain't pretty.

No comments: