Sunday, December 11, 2011

Questions From Bob About The Scott Avenue Non-Odorized Chesapeake Energy Pipeline Laying Operation

I have not made mention of the Carter Avenue Chesapeake Gate Scandal in awhile. No mention made, mostly, I assume, because the scandalous issue seemed to have been resolved when Chesapeake Energy backed off of their bizarre plan to run a pipeline of non-odorized natural gas under the homes along Fort Worth's Carter Avenue.

An alternative pipeline route was approved and everyone, for the most part, seemed  happy.

After I blogged about being on the Tandy Hills yesterday, with those hills due east of the Scott Avenue location of the Chesapeake Energy drilling site, from which the controversy pipelines was to be laid, Bob made a comment....

Bob has left a new comment on your post "Back On The Tandy Hills Thinking About Cutting Myself, Soy Yogurt & Driving Like An Old Lady":

So did you notice all the workers and work going on around the Chesapeake gas well site down the hill on Scott Ave. and along the I-30 right-of-way? I might be wrong but it looks like the workers are clearing trees and digging trenches to lay gas pipeline about 8-inches in diameter (a pile was stacked near the Hope Church on Beach St.) Is this the actual CHK gas pipeline that was originally intended to be placed under the front yards of Carter Ave. homes? Before we moved away from that neighborhood, we read that the Carter Ave. pipeline was supposed to have been built in November 2008, as soon as the last hold-out was subdued in eminent domain court procedures. BUT THAT'S THREE YEARS AGO. Can you shed any light on my state of confusion regarding this infamous pipeline and the fight against it?

I must have heard odd noises to the west as I walked on the Tandy Hills yesterday, because when I proceeded to drive on  to Town Talk I had in impulse, that I resisted, to take a right on to Ben Street to take a look at the current state of the controversial Scott Avenue Chesapeake Operation.

I drove north on Beach Street on the way to Town Talk. I noticed no pipeline stacked near Hope Church, which is on the west side of Beach Street. Then again, I don't remember looking much in that direction.

On Friday, on the way back to my abode from Pantego, driving west on Division Street, in Arlington, I was surprised to see 3 lines of water pipeline, waiting to be assembled, laying on the ground on the north side of the road. The string of pipes extended for a couple miles, eventually ending at a location where water could be sucked, near the south side of Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

How can the powers that be claim we are suffering a severe water shortage here in North Texas at the same time these big water sucking straws are draining creeks, rivers and lakes?

How is permission granted to cross property with these water pipes? How closely is the water sucking monitored?

As for the gas pipeline that apparently is now, after all this time, being installed to take non-odorized gas from the Scott Avenue location, where is that gas heading? Where does the pipeline go? To the compressor stations on Randol Mill Road? Is that the destination? Where can one go to see a map of the ever growing matrix of non-odorized natural gas pipelines that is being installed under us here in Gasland?

I am heading east today in the noon time frame. Tomorrow I will head west and check out the Scott Avenue pipeline laying operation.

No comments: