Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Morning Of The First Sunday Of December Raining In Texas & Thinking About Doris Day

The view from my primary viewing portal on the outer world is filtered through a window wet from rain on this early morning of the first Sunday of the last month of 2011.

Rain to varying degrees of volume has been falling for around 24 hours.

The rain is scheduled to continue to fall today.With thunderstorms.

The weather predictors have changed their prediction of snow or sleet for tomorrow. This morning no mention is being made by the weather prognosticators of anything falling to the ground in a frozen state.

Changing the subject from my favorite to Doris Day.

Doris Day At 87 Years Old
Every once in awhile I'll hear something that makes me think to myself that I am old.

Yesterday this occurred when I read that Doris Day is now 87 years old.

87.

How can perky Doris Day be 87 years old?

I could not find any recent photos of Doris Day. I've always liked Doris Day a lot. She has always reminded me of my Aunt Mike.

The rain just switched back to downpour mode. It is currently 39 degrees. I don't think I will be going swimming this morning.

I don't know where I will be getting my daily aerobic walking stimulation today. I don't feel like a repeat of getting wet under a bumbershoot like yesterday.

2 comments:

Steve A said...

Go to the "Discovering Doris Day" fan site for some more recent pictures. She's doing very well for her age!

Durango said...

Thanks, Steve A, Doris really is doing very well for 87. And she's got a new album!

http://www.dorisdaytribute.com/