Thursday, December 1, 2011

Major Tandy Hills Prairie Fest News Today In Prairie Notes #60

A Re-Imagined Re-Named Prairie Festival
I had not realized until it arrived this afternoon that the early morning of the day of a new month had not brought the latest Prairie Notes from Don Young to my emailbox.

Prairie Notes #60 contains major news about the Prairie Fest.

I have to say I think this change makes a lot of sense. Every year I think the Prairie Fest is tempting a bad weather fate by putting so much effort into one single day in the Spring that could go horribly wrong, weather-wise.

The latest Prairie Notes, with all the info and excellent photos, is not yet up on the Friends of Tandy Hills website's Prairie Notes page.

Below is a blurb from Prairie Notes #60...........

For 2012, Prairie Fest has been re-imagined and re-focused back to discovery and enjoyment of Tandy Hills, itself. Instead of a single event, there will be three festivals throughout the Spring on the last Saturdays of March, April and May. Event hours will be from 4 PM - Dusk. We call in Prairie Festx3.

The main event will be enhanced Prairie-Wildflower Hikes for kids and adults, specially designed by Heather Foote, a Master Naturalist and schoolteacher in Grapevine. More on that below. There will also be the usual, unstructured wildflower tours led by Suzanne Tuttle of the FW Nature Center & refuge.

In the re-imagined fest for 2012, we have eliminated Exhibitor booths. ("Virtual booths" will be available. Stay tuned for details.) There will still be live music and other entertainment, food, beverage and friends. The festival site will be a wide-open, kid-friendly playground for kite-flying, frisbee-tossing, stilt-walking, picnicking, guitar-picking, dog-running and other impromptu activities. 

3 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I tried posting here the other day, but something went terribly wrong. I wanted to let you know that your EYES ON TEXAS has made it into the KISD curriculum. Upon retrieving my copies from the teacher workroom, I spied that one of our social studies teachers had printed out copies of all sorts of pages from your site.

Durango said...

CT2------That is interesting news, a teacher using my stuff to teach. I hope it's the Texas Regions part of the website. I'm careful I get the info correct there and free it from any snarky opinionizing.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

From what I was able to browse, it had to do with Christmas in your Texas regions.