Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Looking Up Gar The Texan In My Thesaurus To Learn He Is Still Horoscoping In Astro World

I don't know why, exactly, but when Alma, the Songbird of the Texas Gulf Coast, sent me this particular dinosaur picture, this morning, it reminded me of Gar the Texan.

Is it because "Gar" rhymes with "Saur"?

I have no idea.

Was it something to do with some of Gar the Texan's thinking being a bit pre-historic? Well, more accurately, historically ignorant.

Again, I don't know.

I'd not checked in on Gar the Texan via his blog in quite some time. He is a blogging maniac, which makes it a bit exhausting to keep up with all of Gar the Texan's seemingly endless ramblings.

Gar the Texan is a deeply religious individual. He is a solid believer in Astrology. He can go on and on, ad nauseam, about the particulars of someone's sign.

To be perfectly honest about this Gar the Texan and Astrology thing, it is just a bit embarrassing, with him being so earnest about it, like a horoscopical version of a bible thumping proselytizer, only with Gar the Texan trying to convert those he ministers to to his Nancy Reagan Astrological World View.

So, I checked Gar the Texan's blog today for the first time in months. I was not too shocked to see that Gar the Texan's latest blogging's title is "Science."

In Gar the Texan's mind, Astrology is Science. And so it made sense that this latest Gar the Texan blogging was about Astrology.

The most interesting paragraph in the lengthy blogging is...

"I believe in Astrology.  I've discovered through scientific methodology that by talking to people, I can easily and correctly predict their astrological signs 8.3333% of the time."

Well, that actually is an impressive success rate, correctly guessing the correct astrological sign 1 out of every 12 times.

I tell you, the boy is an under appreciated Idiot Savant.

1 comment:

Gar said...

That was like a whole tonnage of excellent verbiage directed in my general direction.

I tell ya. I'm all warm and fuzzy you old Leo you.