Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dodging The Sunday Rain In Wal-Mart While Visiting Venice Italy

The weather outside has been frightful, but inside my neighborhood Super Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, the weather was just delightful.

Sam's and Wal-Mart were my walking location on this drippy first Sunday of December. Sam's Club was particularly challenging walking, dodging the multiple orange cones and buckets catching water leaking from the roof.

The last few days I have been in Italy, specifically in Venice, virtually, with the always traveling Fort Worthers known as the Galtex's.

I have no clue what the grammatically, punctuationally proper way is to add an 's' to Galtex. It just occurred to me, maybe it is Galtexes? That does not look right.

I've been enjoying Glimpses of Venice, courtesy of the Galtex's.

I have never been to the Venice in Italy. I have been to the Venetian in Las Vegas. I'm sure they are very similar.

In a couple dozen years, when the fast-paced Trinity River Vision Boondoggle finally completes its long promised canals, maybe a little bit of Venice will seem to be in Fort Worth. Won't that be something?

The picture of the Canals of Venice, in the picture, I swiped from the Facebook page of Gail Galtex this morning.

Mrs. Galtex is very cute. I wonder if this causes a problem due to those notorious Italian flirters flirting with her? They are likely discouraged by Mr. Galtex.

Speaking of flirting. We flirted with a thunderstorm here around 8 this morning. I saw one flash and heard one thunderclap.

1 comment:

GG said...

Glad you like the pictures and blog on Venice. We have two more weeks in Italy -- tomorrow we head to Vicenza. Stay tuned.