Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The 3rd Tuesday Of December Dawns Rain-Free With A Ticket To Fly Out Of Texas

Looking at the picture of the view from my secondary viewing platform on the outer world one might intuit that the sun has arrived, due to the seemingly blue sky, on this 3rd Tuesday of the last month of 2011.

One would be intuiting incorrectly. It was very dark when I stepped outside to take a picture. The blue sky comes courtesy of the filter setting on the camera that somehow illuminates the darkness.

The pool is not looking its usual turquoise self because it is currently lacking its usual level of water, due to being partially drained so a light can be replaced.

When I took the above picture darkness still prevailed. Now, a half hour or two later the sun has arrived and has revealed that the sky appears to be void of any clouds and is as blue as the picture above.

I read no reports this morning of any flash flooding caused by yesterday's downpours.

Changing the subject from rain to something else.

I got a Southwest Airlines gift card last night via a Christmas Party at Springcreek Barbecue in Bedford. I guess this means I need to fly somewhere. Flying Southwest means going to Love Field in Dallas. Not nearly as convenient as the short drive to D/FW International Airport.

Changing the subject back to my favorite.

It is only 45 degrees this morning. Even if the pool was full, I would not be going swimming this morning.

No comments: