Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The 2nd Wednesday Of December Dripping Slightly While Thinking About Houseboats On Lake JD Granger & Mary Ann Getting Old

All the light you see glowing in the outer world is electrically derived light.

The sun has yet to arrive on this 2nd Wednesday of the last month of 2011. Already we are at Day 14 of December. Almost half way through the month and only 11 shopping days left til Christmas.

I got all my Christmas shopping done a long long time ago.

It is currently 55 degrees in the outer world at my location. I believe the 24 hour average has been 60 or above. So, I am going to try to go swimming this morning.

The weather predictors are currently predicting, again, that we will have rain and thunderstorms today.

I can tell, via the dampness visible on the ground, that some rain has rained down overnight.

Changing the subject from rain to other wet subjects,

I was appalled this morning to read in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer that Seattle is cracking down on some types of houseboats. After reading the reasons for the crack down I can sort of understand, but still, Seattle without houseboats would not be Seattle.

The subject of Seattle houseboats caused me to wonder if the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle Dictator, J.D. Granger, will be selling houseboat slips on his little town lake and canals. Selling houseboat slips might have a better profit potential than doing sweetheart restaurant deals with his buddy's in Fort Worth's good ol' boy network.

The thing I am most appalled about this morning has nothing to do with houseboats or J.D. Granger. Last week I was shocked to realize Doris Day is 87 years old. This morning I was shocked to read that Gilligan's Island's Mary Ann, aka Dawn Wells, is now 73 years old.

Time flies. Like I said, it is already almost the middle of December.

No comments: